Aviation and Aero, Senior Planner, Project Services, Defence and Security, Resourcer, Automotive
£37000 - £42000 per annum + pension, cash health plan
about 1 year ago
£37,000 - £42,000
An opportunity to join a leading, global manufacturer of aircraft ejection seats and related equipment as a Buyer in the Sourcing department.
Working alongside counterparts in production planning, engineering, program management and quality, you will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing engineering products and services in accordance with the company's manufacturing and development objectives.
- Provide the primary point of contact for suppliers and manage allocated supplier relationships to ensure that supply of products services and/or material is delivered in accordance with contractual terms and the production schedule.
- Review the status of supplier relationships including performance against KPI and proactively identify and manage any risks that may impact the company
- Identify and engage with new suppliers via tendering and RFI and RFQ exercises as required.
- Generation and maintenance of supplier data in SAP - cost, scheduling lead times etc. to support financial and governance process.
- Ensures compliance with export controls e.g., UK, USA, and others as appropriate.
- Support Production Engineering and Programmes to develop Statement of Works for new supply of parts and equipment.
- Preparation and authorisation of purchase requisitions in accordance with standard operating procedures and delegated authorities including; sourcing, creating specifications and contracting with suppliers
- Identify risks within suppliers e.g., obsolescence of materials and parts, or changes in ownership that may impact the company. Support the Commodity team to develop risk mitigations and corrective actions plans.
- Participate in cross functional improvement project for the department and wider organisation
- Undertake data analysis to support process management and investigate trends etc.
- Monitor the external environment and keep an up-to-date knowledge of competitors and supplier capacity and capability.
- Identify bottlenecks, problems and solutions in the supply chain working with suppliers, manufacturing, production control and shipping to ensure that deliveries to customers are met.
- Degree or equivalent e.g. mathematical/statistical, engineering, business, purchasing, accountancy etc.
- Experience in buying/sourcing/procurement processes OR experience in the process of finding and agreeing to terms, acquiring goods/services/works from an external source
- Numerate and able to interpret data
- Knowledge of SAP or related MRP/ERP systems (desirable)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel
- Ability to network and build relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Strong interpersonal skills
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.