Located in East Sussex
Up to £36,000 + competitive benefits
A global leader in the Aerospace and Defence industry are looking for a Buyer to join their Procurement Team. They need someone that can manage the key data and enable continuous improvement in the procurement of the business.
Company Information- Buyer- East Sussex
Merging with another top defence company making them one of the largest and well-established defence & aerospace organisation globally. They specialise in a complex technical market and supply vital products to the defence sector.
Key accountabilities- Buyer - East Sussex
You will be a vital member of the Procurement Team and will support the Supply Chain Manager, this role offer's excellent progression and development opportunities to allow you to move rapidly through the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Order placement
- Non stock requisitions
- Carry out audits to ensure company purchasing procedures are adhered to and maintained
- Monitor goods in and manage/ communicate with buyers and production control
- Assist in quotations and obtaining prices
- Prioritise workload to support the overall needs of the production plan
- Communicate with both Suppliers and Quality Managers to identify any quality deficiencies
- Manage suppliers
- Make sure there is no shortages
- Attend weekly meetings
Qualifications/skills/experience required - Buyer - East Sussex
- Extensive experience in a Procurement/Manufacturing environment
- Previous exposure to purchasing machines components is essential
- Proficient IT skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Valid UK driving license
- Basic salary of up to £36,000
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Competitive Sick Pay
- 25 days' holiday + bank
If you have the relevant skills for this role and want to work for a renowned successful, company, please click 'APPLY NOW'!