£50 - £60 per hour
8 months ago
C++ and Linux project
6 month initial contract
£50 to £60 per hour (InsideIR35)
Hampshire based (Hybrid Working)
*Must be eligible for SC Clearance*
+ C++ & Linux
+ Device Management
You will join our Modem team within the Product Engineering group. The team is undertaking the design and implementation of a satellite communications Software Defined Radio (SDR) modem. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing software, system, firmware and infrastructure engineers. There will be scope in the future to work on further developments as project needs arise.
Tasks and Accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Developing software aspects to support the operation of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
- Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities associated with these solutions.
- Work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification techniques.
- Occasionally diagnose software problems in the laboratory prototyping environment.
- Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
- Proven C++ software engineering on Linux platforms to a high standard
- Experience of device management interfaces (e.g. SNMP, Web) for design, implementation and test