Horsham, West Sussex
£38000 - £40000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Located in West Sussex
£38,000 - £45,000
A world leader in Engineering/manufacturing sector are looking for a highly skilled and experienced CAE Engineer to develop and optimise my clients stack and system design using CAE techniques.
The role - CAE Engineer - West Sussex
- Conduct CAE analysis projects and inform the Ceres Power engineering community of optimal solutions to meet product technical requirements.
- Defining scope of project and agreeing with stakeholders.
- Detailing assumptions and limitations of analysis techniques.
- Providing results tailored to business needs.
- Provide engineering insight to analyses and results by providing reports, including recommend technical changes or further work.
- Develop understand of key parameters for improved component and system level performance and guide further design iterations based on analysis results.
- Support Design Reviews with CAE analysis activities
Experience and skills - CAE Engineer - West Sussex
- Excellent hand-calculation and excel-based analysis skills to back up detailed CAE results
- At least one year performing CAE analysis (type of analysis not critical) in role in a professional engineering environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage one's own time and the demanding expectations of others
- Understanding of CAE modelling process stages including meshing, boundary conditions, solution optimisation and results interpretation
- Understanding of different types of CAE analysis used to solve real-world design problems
- Flow simulation
- FEA simulation
- Multi-Physics simulation
- Experience with ANSYS Fluent/Mechanical and/or COMSOL would be beneficial but not essential.
- Flexibility to learn perform these different types of analysis to meet project need.
- Appreciation of the model development lifecycle from business need to fit for purpose analysis.
- Demonstrated practical skills to complement academic background.
- Understanding of fact based decision making techniques (i.e. DOE) to problem solving.
If this role suits your skill set and you are looking for a new challenge please 'APPLY NOW'