£35000 - £45000 per annum
10 days ago
Civil (CS&A) Engineer
Location: Warrington or Bristol - hybrid working available
Up to £45,000
A leading nuclear engineering organisation is looking for a Civil (CS&A) Engineer join their busy team with either Warrington or Bristol locations available.
You will be part of a dynamic team undertaking bespoke designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for decommissioning and new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites. The projects you undertake will often be in relation to structures and infrastructure associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors, for example structural inspections and site surveys, and will be undertaken primarily for sites across UK with some projects based internationally.
You will also have an opportunity to be involved in projects from initial scheme and concept design to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning.
Areas of Responsibility include;
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
- Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects.
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla and Robot as well as producing hand calculations.
- Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
- Liaise with Technicians in the preparation of Revit models.
- Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
- Provide technical support to other members of the team.
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
- Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE is desirable.
- Experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork.
- Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
- Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.