£30000 - £35000 per annum
17 days ago
Civil (CS&A) Technician
Location: Warrington or Bristol - hybrid working available
Up to £35,000
A leading nuclear engineering organisation is looking for a Civil (CS&A) Engineer join their busy team with either Warrington or Bristol locations available.
The CS&A Technician will form a role within a design team undertaking Civil, Structural or Architectural design activities. The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of CDM and design for construction. The role also requires an understanding and ability to apply BIM principles and processes.
Areas of Responsibility include;
- Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas.
- Supporting the preparation of designs for facilities, structures and infrastructure of varying complexity, including production of relevant models and drawings using Autodesk products, particularly Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks throughout the various stages of the design process.
- Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver design solutions. Promote effective co-operation across design and other functional teams.
- Maintain effective methods of client communication and design presentation.
- Assisting and mentoring CS&A Apprentices to promote their technical and professional development.
- Support in the solution of problems of varying complexity that may arise during the design stage, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning and decommissioning.
- Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by the Technical Lead on a project, the estimate to complete assigned tasks.
- HNC minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification
- Experience across the full lifecycle of design activities
- Knowledge of CAD tools and BIM processes
- Knowledge of General Engineering and Architectural Drawing Practice
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.