£32000 - £35000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Client Relationship Manager - Utilities & Water
The position is a relatively new. You will be given an opportunity to make it your own. The role is office-based but requires a combination of telesales as well as face-to-face selling. Your primary objective will be to land new clients and, once they become clients under your management, maximise cross and upsell opportunities. The business is driven, inspiring, and passionate, with potential for an outstanding career in the energy industry.
- Self-generating a book of new business to help deliver the team's sales plan and annual gross margin targets via procurement and other services
- Generating your own leads through cold calling, networking, prospecting, and developing strategic referral relationships
- Implementing lean processes and procedures to improve the sales lifecycle
- Sales forecasting, growth plans, and weekly/monthly management information
- Supporting the Sales management team and other territories' teams with exploring and onboarding new opportunities through either proposal writing or client meetings.
- Assisting with other opportunities and energy projects when appropriate to do so
Key Skills and Experience
- A minimum of three years working in the UK energy industry
- A minimum of one year in a business development capacity
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong proposal writing skills
- An in-depth understanding of flexible purchasing/risk management strategies
- Person of integrity
- Problem solver
- Attentive to detail
- Independent decision maker
- Ethical and looking for growth
Candidates need to be business-driven, highly numerate and computer literate, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong commercial awareness. It requires someone who has a high work ethic, ambition to succeed, and a desire to drive in new opportunities.
- Competitive salary with unique commission structure allowing annual salary growth.
- Performance bonus linked to individual KPIs.
- Company pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
- Critical illness cover.
- Ongoing training. We provide weekly training sessions covering a variety of topics such as weekly commodities overview, sales, industry legislation, etc.
- Regular appraisals and career progression. We have numerous examples of people who have been promoted into managerial roles.
- Additional time off; our office is always closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Duvet day. This day would not be deducted from your annual holiday allowance but rather be an extra day. You choose when you want to take it.
- Travelling abroad to visit our overseas offices in Frankfurt and Sarajevo.
- Two hours earlier finish on the day of your birthday (or alternative day if it falls on a weekend).
- Excellent location. Our office is a few minutes walking distance from Ealing Broadway underground and train station, with an abundance of shops and restaurants nearby.