about 2 years ago
Cloud Architect (Contract)
Basingstoke based Cloud Architect role
Competitive day rate
6 month contract, likely to extend
Must currently have live and active SC Clearance.
A FTSE 500 company. In the UK some of their services include; IT consulting services, technology products, managed services, cloud-based solutions, and systems integration.
You will work closely with the Sales and Offerings teams to produce bid collateral on a variety of Cloud bids and tenders which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to provide better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding. You will work with the latest technology offering ground breaking solutions to everyday problems.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Strong customer-management and interpersonal skills and an in-depth knowledge of the Cloud Design.
- The ability to express a pragmatic and thorough design, taking into account any conflicting priorities of the business or Customer.
- The ability to provide coherent service designs that balance the needs of the organisation to deliver service and those of the other service stakeholders.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of in implementing and operating Cloud platforms, their supporting networking and management/monitoring services
- Extensive infrastructure delivery experience including a good spread across all infrastructure types e.g. Virtualisation/Servers/Storage/Networking/Firewalls
- Specialism in VMware cloud service products including at least ESXi, VSphere, VCenter, vSAN, vRA, vCD & NSX
- Exposure to other cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Hands on experience building solutions from cloud solution components using tools like CloudFormation, Ansible or Chef
- Expertise of cloud security and identity best practice
- Experience of creating cloud cost models and running cloud readiness assessments
- Experience of working with enterprise IT and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Automated infrastructure provisioning
- SC clearance as a minimum
Desirable Skills Required:
- Secure systems hardening
- Conduct training for customers as part of implementation and in the classroom
- Exposure to Micro services design/implementation,
- API Management
- Container technologies