Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Share Incentive Plan
3 months ago
Azure Cloud Engineer
- Partly remote (2 days per week in the office) but can be flexible
- (Preferably an hour commute) from Leeds, Crawley, or Worthing
- Permanent, Full-time
- Paying up to £55, 000 p/a
Our client is building a new Azure cloud capability that will be used primarily by one of our customers as a platform for their products and services (SaaS/PaaS), as well as other strategic systems. In addition to new business wins, a range of public and private clients will be migrated from their existing hosted platforms onto our public or private platform.
This is an exciting opportunity as the platform is still early in its development and this is a real opportunity to shape it. We are looking for individuals who have a strong Azure and Infrastructure background with experience of working in a 'DevOps' environment with a strong focus on automation who can help shape the future of this platform.
The successful candidate will become part of the Cloud team. The team will be responsible for the Public & Private Cloud and Container Platform, within the existing wider IT function.
This is a technical Azure Cloud Engineer role deploying and managing cloud hosted platforms and applications within a dynamic, fast-moving financial technology environment using infrastructure as code. The role is suited to experienced Infrastructure & Azure Cloud Engineers who already have a good level of technical understanding (including DevOps technologies) but are keen to use and develop their skills further.
- Day to day management and operation of platforms across public cloud, 3rd party and on-premises hosting platforms.
- Promote automation of infrastructure builds, configuration, software deployments and platform management using DevOps tools and approaches.
- Work collaboratively with IT and Digital teams providing day to day platform support and contributing to ongoing platform improvement activities.
- Deployment of new, and updates to existing, client facing test and production platforms, working with internal project teams and external clients as required.
- Whilst core hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, must also be willing to work flexibly to support out of hours activities and participate in on call rota.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good technical experience and understanding of infrastructure principles and architectures.
- Good technical Azure experience; Architecture and Administration.
- Good technical experience of deploying and managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) platform across cloud environments - and most notably Microsoft Azure.
- Good technical experience of deploying and managing platform as a service (PaaS) platform across cloud environments -and most notably Microsoft Azure.
- Good technical experience configuring and running automated software and server deployment tools (e.g., Terraform, Windows PowerShell, Windows DSC, Ansible, Octopus Deploy).
- Good technical experience administering Windows Server technologies (e.g., windows server, AD, GPOs, RDP, Terminal Services, Windows Clusters etc), covering Server 2012 platforms upwards.
- Good technical experience supporting .Net / IIS applications from an Infrastructure (rather than an Application Development) perspective, working with .Net 4.5 and IIS 7.5 upwards in particular.
- Technical experience of managing and deploying container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers to design, deploy and manage joint IT service solutions.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application!