£26500 - £27500 per annum
12 days ago
£26,500 basic - increasing to £27,500 once trained
Based in Southampton
Join a leading specialist in aerostructure manufacturing as a CNC Machinist based in Southampton, Hampshire.
You will manufacture components in a variety of materials following detailed drawing specifications to produce high quality parts for a variety of aircraft.
Working to high tolerances, the role will set and operate CNC machining centres to produce complaint aircraft components to the required quality, within budget and timescales. The operator will need to have a good understanding of customer drawing requirements and specifications.
- Set and operate machining centres producing compliant Aircraft components.
- Loading raw billets into machine and checking the quality of components produced.
- Working to schedule lists and work instructions with minimal supervision.
- TPM on the machine and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness around the machine area.
- The applicant must be a good team player flexible and be able to work to tight schedules.
- Attending and contributing to daily shop floor production meeting
- Shift working required, alternative shift such as nightshift may also be required
Essential Skills required:
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) or served a recognised apprenticeship in machining or associated trades.
- Strong experience in operating machining centres
- Experience with Fanuc and/or Heidenhain controls (Training will be given to suitable applicants with experience in other controls)
- Must be fully conversant in setting and operating 3,4 and 5 axis machining centres
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Must be able check their own work using standard dimensional checking equipment working towards being an approved operator quality stamp holder.
- Self-inspection requirement and therefore desired to be conversant with statistical in process verification systems.
- Working understanding of the 5S and lean principles.
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.