over 2 years ago
Consultant - Big Data System Administrator
You must be eligible and willing to undergo a DV Clearance
- To innovate and develop the company Cyber Security Platform.
- Represent the company at customer security workshops.
- Upskill team members in the domain of big data platforms and development.
- Carry out design, development, integration and testing of cyber security platforms and services.
- Maintain knowledge of the Hadoop and Elasticsearch ecosystems and related emerging technologies.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in data handling techniques including life cycle and security maintenance.
- Maintain knowledge of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies
- Required Skills:
- Experience of working in a complex technical development and integration environment.
- Strong Linux experience, including administration and development.
- Experience with supporting production big data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent professional experience and/or with recognised qualifications.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism.
- Ability to explore and learn new technologies and effectively disseminate key features to a community.
- Extensive knowledge leveraging Hadoop skills to find innovative approaches to problems.
- Extensive knowledge of the Elastic stack, including Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
- Experience with prototype development using either: Scala, Java, Python or R for streaming and batch ETL workloads.
- Experience with using scripting to automate various processes.
- Experience of Linux system administration and Linux system troubleshooting.
- Experience of network structure and security.
- Experience of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms.
- Experience of configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)