£500 - £550 per day
23 days ago
Cyber Defence Analyst
* 3 month initial contract
* Outside IR35
* Based on-site in Hereford
* £500 - £550 per day DOE
* Please note this role requires DV Clearance
Cyber Defence Analyst will join a rapidly growing security team responsible for designing, delivering and maintaining operational cybersecurity capabilities. Conducting pro-active, risk-based, protective monitoring on priority C4IS/networks in order to identify internal and external cyber-threats/attacks. This position involves a broad range of skills, including the development and mentoring of the Level 2 Analyst, monitoring networks to actively remediate unauthorised activities.
* Previous experience of Enterprise ICS/network architectures and technologies
* Experience and knowledge of SIEM solutions; having the ability to identify use cases and their creation, their deployment and tuning.
* Experience as a mentor/coach to junior analysts
* Previous experience of utilising the MITRE ATT&CK and Cyber Kill Chain frameworks
* Skilled in maintaining Microsoft directory services.
* Skilled in using virtualisation software.
* Knowledge of key security frameworks (e.g. ISO, NIST 800-53)
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of writing Defence/Government documentation
* Broad Spectrum Cyber Course (SANS SEC401 or SEC501 or equivalent)
* Experience of managing cyber incidents and investigations
* SIEM Design, Architecture and Analyst Course (SANS SEC455 or SEC555 or equivalent)
* Advanced Analyst Course (SANS SEC503 or equivalent)