£70000 - £90000 per annum
2 months ago
Cyber Security Architect
+ Role Type: Permanent
+ Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 + £5.4k Car allowance + 3% Flex
+ Location: Remote
+ Security Clearance: Must be eligible for SC
What you will be doing:
- Understands the business and information risk context, and propose architectures and countermeasures to mitigate risks from solutions
- Analyses existing and proposed technical architecture for security risk, applying secure architecture principles and practices to assure technical architectures
- Assures implementation of security controls to mitigate risks
- Provides expert technical advice to support the design and development secure architectures
- Inputs detail on security control implementations and testing into to security risk management tooling
- Supports the Security Lead in wider operational security delivery including advocating a strong security culture and training to new joiners
- Advises on appropriate security controls to mitigate security architecture risks
- Producing high level designs, Security Architecture Designs (SAD) and conceptual architecture documentation, with specific focus on Security and Information Assurance.
- Advising our clients on the architecture of their secure business systems.
- Working with programmes to collaborate enterprise architectures to produce end-to-end security designs.
- Provide specialist advice and recommend approaches across projects, teams and stakeholders.
- Providing advice on key security related technologies and assess risks associated with proposed changes.
- Assisting on bids, proposal for works, as well as on implementations and integrations to provide guidance to our clients through their security issues to practical solutions.
- Application of the likes of TOGAF, SABSA, NCSC Cloud Security Enterprise Architecture principles to all Architectures.
What you'll bring:
- Information Security experience within a large organisation
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- A clear understanding of UK Government Security Frameworks including the Security Policy Framework
- Experience in providing advice on data protection, information security and business continuity
- Experience of designing and implementation of components of secure systems or services.
- Proven track record in designing complex solutions within security.
- IT Security Architecture experience including TOGAF and SABSA.
- Conversant with security best practices (including ISO27001) and relevant security legislation.
- Will have achieved certification as a CISSP, GIAC or CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Cloud Security
It would be great if you had:
- Security qualification such as CISSP or equivalent experience
- Experience using security risk management tooling
- Cloud Security Architect (AWS and AZURE)
- SOC architecture design Experience
- IDAM (Identity and Access management) experience
- Perform reviews of cloud services, cloud-based applications and data security reviews to confirm that solutions considered for licensing, newly acquired solutions and changes to solutions are compliant with policies and standards, and that the right security controls are applied to applications to keep data secure.
- Create cloud security solutions designs, and technically oversee/lead security related projects when specialist SMEs are required Own and guide the technical relationship with the customer with specific regard to the security of cloud services.
- Responsible for advising and helping customers understand and make the most of cloud security and compliance features.
- Experience of NIST.
- Knowledge of Operational Technology (OT) challenges and architectures