£35000 - £50000 per annum
10 months ago
Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
HMG, ISO 27001/18, NIST 800 etc. Educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in a related discipline (ICT/Computing, Information assurance, risk management, vulnerability/threat assessment)CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+)/CCSK/ISO27001 Practitioner (Lead Auditor etc.) Desirable in one or more certifications
Preston; Farnborough; significant WFH optional; other locations available
Would you like a varied role working on high profile cyber security projects? We currently have a vacancy for an Cyber Security Assurance Specialist at our site in Preston or Farnborough.
As an Cyber Security Assurance Specialist, you will be working closely with a variety of projects throughout the organisation to provide security input, advice and assurance to ensure that security is embedded in the requirements and design early in the project lifecycle.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain enviable experience across a wide range of exciting and complex projects operating within one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies.
Your main responsibilities as a Cyber Security Assurance Specialist will involve:
- A working knowledge of IT Security risk assessment processes and ability to identify a proportionate set of IT Security controls aligned with business objectives
- In depth assessment of IT systems, services and IT Security controls to provide an independent view of their compliance and effectiveness with company Security Policy, IT Security standards and external regulatory requirements
- Assessing architectural designs to determine whether the relevant IT Security controls have been identified aligned with business objectives and mitigate risk
- Analysis, creation and compilation of relevant documentation determining the compliance level of systems and services, technical security controls with applicable certification, accreditation, and internal policy requirements
- Stakeholder engagement; promoting a mind-set of developing secure systems, transferring knowledge of security standards / processes and acting as a subject matter expert (SME).
Your skills and qualifications:
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of information security standards, such as HMG, ISO 27001/18, NIST 800 etc.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in a related discipline (ICT/Computing, Information assurance, risk management, vulnerability/threat assessment)
- CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+)/CCSK/ISO27001 Practitioner (Lead Auditor etc.) - Desirable in one or more certifications
Senior Cyber Security | Cyber | Farnborough | Preston