£37000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits, bonus
about 2 years ago
Cyber Security Consultant (all grades)
Guildford - Client's are on the M4 corridor
Perm Full time
£37KPA - 80KPA DOE + Biannual Bonus
You will need to be eligible and willing to go ahead with an SC Clearance
This is a new and exciting opportunity to work on a variety of roles throughout the project lifecycle, working across a wide-ranging set of clients and leading edge technologies. You would be providing projects with advice and guidance on Information Assurance topics; contributing to the development of IA strategies, policies, guidance and awareness; planning and managing the delivery of a security work programme; defining security requirements; designing and implementing security architectures; or overseeing the secure development and accreditation of information systems. You will be required to explain information assurance concepts to non-technical stakeholders, and the rationale for the proposed information risk management decisions. The role may involve operating as part of a larger team or working embedded within a customer team.
Salary + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review). Switches to annual pay review at Principal Consultant grade and above.
Holiday: 25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays
Career Development: This Company gives you the opportunity to build a career in consulting, specialising in the application of information assurance and cyber security expertise to a wide range of business problems. They provide excellent training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications such as CCP, CISM, CISSP, CREST, ISO27001, SABSA and TOGAF certifications.
Working either individually or as part of a larger team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
* Providing security expertise to major system procurements and Agile programmes to ensure secure solution delivery;
* Identifying, analysing and evaluating information risks across a range of programmes, projects and systems;
* Explaining to risk owners and other stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system lifecycle;
* Identifying and presenting options for treating or transferring information risks;
* Authoring and/or supporting the development of security assurance documentation in accordance with leading risk management frameworks;
* Developing or reviewing new security architectures that mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practices;
* Providing consultancy to customers on information assurance and architectural problems;
* Scoping security testing activities, and explaining the results and required remediation;
* Conducting security monitoring and investigating security incidents.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least two years' experience of complex ICT systems in a technical delivery or consulting capacity;
* A good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology;
* The ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and business stakeholders;
* Proven abilities in delivering to client expectations and requirements;
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
The following experience would be beneficial for the role:
* Structured security frameworks, such as HMG SPF and ISO27001;
* Technical risk assessments;
* Software development and delivery;
* Security, technical and enterprise architecture methods such as TOGAF and SABSA;
* ICT service delivery, including ITIL;
* Enterprise security packages, security enforcing software and devices, such as identity management and federation, cryptography, public key infrastructure, firewalls, SIEM, vulnerability scanning, etc.
Preference is given to candidates with a good degree (2.1 or above) from a reputable university and in a relevant technical subject, such as Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
Because of the nature of the business, a wide and varied background is preferable and the demonstrable capability to adapt quickly to new developments is always required.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.