South West England, England
£35000 - £55000 per annum
6 months ago
Cyber Security/Product Security Opportunities
Location: Choose from - Frimley, Bristol, Weymouth, Portsmouth, Barrow and Brough
Salary: Experince dependant (£35,000-£55,000)
Hybrid working: 2/3 days on site
As a member of an Engineering Delivery Team, designing, building, integrating and providing through life support to all the Submarine Platforms in the Royal Naval fleet your role as a Product Security Analyst is to work within a team to provide a focus for security and information risk matters.
Supported by leading industry specialists, you will develop your understanding of the submarine systems and shall identify, analyse and evaluate security risks. As part of a team you shall liaise with stakeholders on the causes of the risks identified, their likelihood and potential impacts.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineer - Product Security will involve:
The activities that follow are typical of the role and will vary depending on the place the programme is in the engineering lifecycle and on your skills and experience:
- Gain sufficient understanding of a system, its concept of use and architectures in order to support or provide an accurate assessment (with supervision) of Product Security in terms of possible threats and potential avenues of attack.
- Support the identification and communicate potential threats against specific systems or applications.
- Ensure that Product Security analysis work is fully documented, enabling the management of risk throughout the product lifecycle.
- Support the proposal of appropriate controls to mitigate identified risks in line with government and MOD policies and good practice.
- Support the presentation of risks and proposed controls to internal and external stakeholders, to achieve agreement and buy-in.
- Develop security evidence as required to demonstrate appropriate application of risk mitigation.
- Support the Product Security Team at Design Reviews and other various engagements, to ensure that Product Security is appropriately considered at each stage of the design lifecycle.
Your skills and qualifications:
- A desire to develop a career within Product Security;
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant STEM subject (Engineering, IT, Sciences or Maths etc.) or Information Security related or equivalent working experience
- Understanding of information security principles;
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of cyber security activities;
- Knowledge of Engineering activities in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain;
- Experience of presenting technical information and/or engaging stakeholders.