£450 - £500 per day + Inside IR35
about 2 months ago
12 months +
Cyber Security Researcher - Human Centric - Psychologist
+ 12 month contract
+ South Wales based - hybrid working
+ £450 to £500 per day
+ Hyper-interconnectivity in IT & Security
As cyber security is a rapidly evolving field, with increasing vulnerabilities, hyper-interconnectivity, ever increasing data, and as organisations undertake digital transformations it is vital to prepare for "tomorrow" and "day after tomorrow" initiatives, alongside the extra-value activities of the present. Unlike other areas of technology innovation, the tomorrow and day after tomorrow come very quickly within the cyber security domain.
To maintain the best security posture, horizon scanning of upcoming disruptive technologies is essential, alongside the development of bespoke; tools, solutions, and configurations required to solve the problems for which the market currently has no answer. A strong innovation programme is essential to provide new security solutions development and deployments, provide expert knowledge based on state of the art thinking and domain experience, and to have internal and externally recognised expertise.
Engaging with academia and the wider cyber security community to bolster reputational standing, and with internal stakeholders to ensure all programmes, projects, and deployments consider medium and long term security operations based on state of the art thinking.
Tasks and responsibilities:
● Driving forward the human centric security research agenda within Airbus
● Publishing academic articles, technical reports, white papers and patents
● Represent Airbus digital security at global conferences and events
● Collaborating closely with academic partners
● Scouting, benchmarking and reporting on new human centric security technologies and market offerings
● Working on integrating research findings into Airbus to improve cyber security resilience
● Developing prototype solutions
● Providing expert services (consultancy) to the internal business as required You will work as part of a small international team of experts in a range of cyber security disciplines and will be expected to lead and drive the research agenda in the area of human centric security following both cutting edge research and the needs of the organisation Skills and experience Knowledge.
Skill & Experience
● Experience working with or researching cyber security is preferred but not required
● Degree, Professional Training or equivalent experience in human centric security Experience Must Have:
● Experience of psychology research, innovation and/or solution development Preferable:
● PhD or research experience in related subject
● Experience of writing research bids
● Publication track record
● Experience of patent applications and intellectual property management
● Research project management experience Personal skills
● Motivated, curious and independent worker
● Excellent communication and writing skills FM0800245_v1.0 1/2