£500 - £600 per day
12 months ago
2 months +
Data Protection & Privacy Consultants x 2
+ Fully remote UK based roles
+ 2 month initial contract - possible extensions
+ £500 to £600 per day - Inside IR35 determination
Experienced, highly competent and motivated Privacy Consultant to join the Data Protection & Privacy Practice.
The nature of what the Data Protection and Privacy, Privacy Consultants do is highly specialist and consequently required appropriately trained and seasoned consultants who have experience of time on the ground delivering such services.
The role is focused on providing consultancy and delivery of analysis and advisory services to clients in all Data Protection and Privacy related matters and aligning business processes and projects with associated laws, regulations and commercial obligations.
The position is to orchestrate and assess the privacy maturity (data protection by design) of client offerings, solutions and/or services and provide independent oversight, support risk remediation in relation to regulatory and commercial privacy requirements through:
Advising on and enhancing the data protection and privacy maturity of enterprise wide client environments.
Defining and advising privacy vision, locating gaps, develop security architecture and creating prioritized roadmap for privacy maturity.
Providing expert advice on selection, design, implementation and operation of Privacy controls and Privacy enhancing Technologies.
Summary of job purpose:
The job holder is primarily responsible for ensuring data protection by design and by default and that there are appropriate control frameworks and processes in place for Data Protection and Privacy within each client business environment to enhance maturity and aid compliance with legal, regulatory and commercial obligations.
Planning and reporting:
Responsible for devising and managing the client(s) data protection program(s), execution and delivery of agreed statements of work and providing regular reporting on progress against such plans.
Client(s) Engagement Timeframes - will depend on the specific statement of works and/or business scheduling.
1. Engaging and reporting to client senior management and providing regular reporting of Data Protection and Privacy activities.
2. Advising clients on data protection and privacy maturity and alignment with local or industry associated data protection laws and regulations
3. Planning and implementing pragmatic privacy enhancing solutions within client business environments
4. Acting as SME and point of contact with client business functions and extended enterprise(s)
5. Provision of independent review(s) of data processing activities across client information environments.
At least 5+ years in a Data Protection and Privacy related role
Detailed knowledge of privacy and associated data protection laws and regulations including, but not limited to, UK Data Protection Act 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation and associated legislation
The ability to perform audits, assessments and analysis and a working knowledge and understanding of regulatory risk, particularly with regards to data governance and privacy.
Seasoned experience and practical application and delivery of privacy & data protection programs
Must have at least one of the following:
IAPP or BSI
* Certified Information Privacy Manager - CIPM
* Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe - CIPP/E
* Certified Information Privacy Professional US - CIPP/US
* Certified Information Privacy Technologist - CIPT
* Certificate in Data Protection
* Data Protection Practitioner