£35000 - £42000 per annum
2 months ago
Up to £42,000 basic salary
Based in Uxbridge
A leading aerospace engineering manufacturer is looking for an experience Design Draughtsman to join their team based in Uxbridge.
In this role, you will be responsible for generating engineering drawings suitable to manufacture against and without ambiguity.
- Generating engineering drawings from CAD models, ensuring data is fully defined but not over defined, or ambiguous.
- Producing, modifying and updating 3D models, detail and assembly engineering drawings in-line with approved engineering change requests and fully document the changes using engineering change notices.
- Produces designs against requirements with consideration to cost, quality, schedule, risk, DFM/DFA & human factors seeking cross functional input as required.
- Liaising directly with Production Engineering Department to ensure datum and tolerance schemes are aligned with Design, Manufacturing and Inspection requirements.
- Accurately generates Engineering Drawings using appropriate GD&T in accordance with internal and external standards (such as the Y14 series).
- Produce Geometric Dimension & Tolerance analysis and justification documents.
- Carrying out part clash identification.
- Processing of Approved Drawing Revision (ADR) requests including the identification of subject matter experts and the accountable Drawing Office Section to fully evaluate the broader impact of any proposed modifications and then updating the electronic drawing.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Engineering Department.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification i.e. degree, ONC/HNC/NVQ/HND
- Good understanding in the application of GD&T.
- Good experience in machined components and tolerance analyses.
- Thorough grounding in the production of engineering drawings to relevant specifications.
- Knowledge and application of mechanical aerospace engineering.
- Experience in modern manufacturing methods and processes.
- Sound numerical and verbal skills - data manipulation.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.