£35000 - £42000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Up to £42,000 basic salary
Based in Uxbridge
A lead aerospace engineering manufacturer is looking for an experienced Design Draughtsman to join their dynamic team working to provide a complete end-to-end service to for their customers within aerospace and defence sectors.
In this role, you will generate engineering drawings suitable for manufacture against and without ambiguity. Working alongside other team members, such as Project Managers, manufacturing and assembly, you will create 'right first time' and 'fit for purpose' drawings.
- Generating engineering drawings from CAD models, ensuring data is fully defined but not over defined, or ambiguous.
- Producing, modifying and updating 3D models, detail and assembly engineering drawings in-line with approved engineering change requests and fully document the changes using engineering change notices.
- Produces designs against requirements with consideration to cost, quality, schedule, risk, Design for Manufacture/Assembly (DFM/DFA) & human factors seeking cross functional input as required.
- Liaising directly with Production Engineering Department to ensure datum and tolerance schemes are aligned with Design, Manufacturing and Inspection requirements.
- Accurately generates Engineering Drawings using appropriate GD&T in accordance with internal and external standards (such as the Y14 series).
- Produce Geometric Dimension & Tolerance analysis and justification documents.
- Carrying out part clash identification.
- Processing of Approved Drawing Revision (ADR) requests including the identification of subject matter experts and the accountable Drawing Office Section to fully evaluate the broader impact of any proposed modifications and then updating the electronic drawing.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field i.e. HNC/ONC/NVQ, or engineering apprenticeship.
- Strong software expertise, including 3D CAD modelling.
- Good understanding and strong experience in the application of GD&T.
- Experience in machined components and tolerance analysis.
- Knowledge and application of mechanical aerospace engineering is ideal.
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.