£30000 - £36000 per annum
over 2 years ago
A unique designer and manufacturer, that specialise in producing mobility products predominately in automotive industry, are looking for a skilled Design Engineer that has strong experience in Solidworks.
You will be developing products from idea through to production prototype whilst fully considering design for manufacture and assembly.
* You will have a mechanical engineering background, with strong experience in the design and development of mechanical structures and mechanisms.
* Experiences of designing electrics/electronics, control systems or medical devices is advantageous but not essential.
* Be fully conversant with all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD
* Experience of developing New Products to satisfy end user needs
* Create product specifications, project plans and detailed designs.
* Select the optimum materials and manufacturing methods to meet business and product needs
* Validate and verify designs by prototyping, testing and first batch manufacture support
* Ensure products meet appropriate safety and performance standards for CE marking
* Ability to manage a project to conclusion, on time and on budget
* Possess a passion to succeed and make a difference to the customer
* Enthusiastic and Energetic with a positive "Can Do" attitude
* An excellent communicator, able to work cross functionally
* Computer Literate with the ability to work unaided.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative
* Understand the principles of design for manufacture and assembly
* Degree or equivalent Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
If you are interested in this position, please 'APPLY NOW'