Littlehampton, West Sussex
£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 months ago
Based in Littlehampton with Hybrid remote working
£40,000 - £45,000
My client who designs and manufacture protection solutions are currently looking to hire a Drawing Checker to join their Design team on a permanent basis. My client has been experiencing high level of growth and continuing to win new business and has lots of fantastic projects already happening and in the pipeline.
To manage this growth and to keep developing and improving their business they are looking for skilled Drawing Checker. As my client design and manufactures, this role is key to the business as you will play important role in the company to ensure that my clients suppliers and the manufacturing team understand the product requirements.
The Role - Design Engineer - West Sussex
- Check that both electrical and mechanical engineering drawings are accurate
- Ensure the engineering drawings are in line with company's standards and procedures
- Speak suppliers and the manufacturing team to ensure drawings are interpreted correctly
- Communicate with design engineer to resolve any design issues
- Ensure the designs are completed in line the project time constraints
- Assist in continuous improvement relating to engineering drawings and changes
Skills/Experience - Design Engineer - West Sussex
- Strong experience of creating and checking engineering drawings
- Good knowledge of GD&T and tolerancing techniques
- Knowledge of welding procedures/symbols
- Use to working in safety critical environment. (Automotive/Defence preference)
- Excellent understanding of workshop theory and practice
- Solidworks experience is preferred not essential
- Be able to obtain security clearance
If you are interested in the above and want to find out, please do not hesitate and 'APPLY NOW'