£32000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will design and detail Electro-Mechanical solutions in line with Product Design Specifications and relevant standards, complete cable drawings, compiling BoM's, assist with prototype build documentation and design information for formal release to manufacture.
Within this role you will:
- Create Electro - Mechanical design solutions to comply with the Product Design Specification and budgetary targets.
- Create and maintain product drawings and product design documentation.
- Support Production Engineering to produce accurate product build documentation by compiling annotated pictorial assembly steps.
- Support prototype builds programs.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic or Mechatronics with a minimum of 2 years design experience
- Experience in designing and drafting using 3D and 2D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks & AutoCAD. A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and their associated cost drivers.
- Experience designing electro-mechanical enclosures, sheet metal and machined components an advantage