£45000 - £50000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Design Engineer (Electro-Mechanical)
Based in Surrey
A leading design and manufacturing Defence company are looking for an Electro Mechanical Design Engineer that has a electronics background. In this role you'll be working on their complex Integrated Platform Management Systems (IPMS) for the UK MOD Programmes.
Managing a small team, the successful candidate will support all the Mechanical Design, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Thermal Analysis (CFD) and sign off on Designs.
* Provide Mechanical/Electro Mechanical Design Support to UK MOD IPMS Programmes.
* Look after a small team and assist them in the design process.
* Ensure the standard of design is maintained throughout the project duration.
* Report progress being made on allocated work to Project Managers.
* Assist in providing Development Estimates to Project Managers.
* Assist in the training of members of the team to benefit the department.
* Manage the performance and development of all staff who report in (applicable where job holder has line management responsibilities).
* Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Proficient in Creo 3.0 and PDM Link 11.0.
* Working Knowledge of Creo Simulate (FEA) and AutoDesk Simulation (CFD).
* Understands BS8888 and Geometrical Tolerancing.
* Good understanding of the Design Process.
* Competent to check and sign off drawings, documents and BOM's.
* Be able to wrote Technical Documentation to meet Customer requirements.
* Understands Manufacturing processes and techniques.
* Knowledge of how MOD Programmes are run and level of documentation required.
* Understand test methods for Shock, Vibration, Ingress, Environmental (Hot, Cold & Humidity), EMC.
* Degree (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience, e.g. an approved Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering with extensive experience in a similar role.
If you are interested in this role, please 'APPLY NOW'