Up to £35000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will design and detail Electro-Mechanical solutions in line with Product Design Specifications and relevant standards, complete cable drawings, compiling BoM's, assist with prototype build documentation and design information for formal release to manufacture.
Within this role you will:
- Create Electro - Mechanical design solutions to comply with the Product Design Specification and budgetary targets.
- Create and maintain product drawings and product design documentation.
- Support Production Engineering to produce accurate product build documentation by compiling annotated pictorial assembly steps.
- Support prototype builds programs.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, ideally specialising in RF&M design techniques.
- 5 years or more hands on design experience within an R&D department.
- Worked with development engineering and manufacturing groups to transition product into production.
- Knowledge and experience in using main RF design tools. (e.g. AWR, ADS, HFSS .. )
- Knowledge and experience in using RF test equipment (e.g. Network Analysers, Spectrum Analysers).
- Will be eligible to obtain UK Secret Security Clearance / UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Previous experience within the UK Aerospace and Defence Industry an advantage.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic or Mechatronics with a minimum of 2 years design experience
- Electrical & Electronics
- Circuit understanding of Communications, Computer and IT equipment. Modern design practices, manufacturing/prototyping processes, and their costs drivers.
- Experience in designing and drafting using 3D and 2D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks & AutoCAD. A strong understanding of manufacturing processes and their associated cost drivers.
- Experience designing electro-mechanical enclosures, sheet metal and machined components an advantage.
- Basic understanding of UK TEMPEST standards.
- Basic understanding of UK & US Military EMC and Environmental Test Standards.