Experienced Design Manager required for a talented team of Architects and designers in their busy workplace and corporate environments sector
You will be experienced in handling the design process, with excellent presentation and relationship building skills, and the ability to understand and interpret client needs and requirements. This is a pivotal role and is accountable to the Project Principal.
You will need to have a thorough understanding of the end-to-end design process, commencing in the marketing phase through construction completion, and possess demonstrable International workplace/corporate interior design experience, having worked on a variety of projects including professional services/technological firms.
A positive, communicative and collaborative approach will be required, as well as working well with clients, vendors, consultants and stakeholders at all levels. You will have the knowledge and ability to provide guidance to less experienced members of the Interiors team, advising and supporting where necessary.
What You Will Do:
Providing exemplar design/project management and leadership from project pursuit; design concept to construction completion of design projects, working across all the RIBA, or other applicable international, design stages.
- Manage the customer, contractor and design team communications, developing and maintaining strong external and internal relationships;
- Assistance to and collaboration with the marketing team and the Principal-in-Charge in the pursuit of new project work including: the calculation of projected professional fees & resource planning; drafting of preliminary design programme; preparation of project scope of work description; preliminary draft contract review; and preparation of and participation in interviews/pitches for new pursuits.
- Involvement in leading a project team through all phases of the design and management process, including test fit options, programming, schematic design, design development, specification, tendering processes, and construction phase assistance;
- Creation and distribution of all project records including execution plans, budgets, time frames, programmes and monthly overview reports;
- Management of project financial performance including the overall project financial performance relative to the agreed fee; weekly monitoring of labour charge & staff resourcing; and monthly invoicing.
- Client presentations and monitoring through contracted services that deliverables and scoping align with client expectations and budgets and timelines are inline and maintained;
- Coordinate and liaise with other Architects and specialty consultants in various locations around the world.
- Management of multiple global accounts and team collaboration across various locations;
Qualifications required for the role:
- Bachelors' Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited school;
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate/workplace Interior Design, with international experience essential;
- Demonstrable experience of Design Management is essential;
- Exemplary presentation and client relations skills;
- An understanding of AutoCAD and Revit is appreciated, but not essential;
- Excellent graphic and visualisation skills to communicate processes in the delivery of project;
- Amazing collaboration skills, proactive and highly organised are essential with a strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Ability to manage multiple projects which may be in varying stages of design or implementation;
- Exceptional communicator verbally and in writing; concise, effective and timely;
- Multidisciplinary experience is highly encouraged;
- A good understanding of FF&E Documentation and procurement processes is an advantage;
In return you will receive all the benefits and perks you would expect to find working for a leader in its field along with a great working environment