Our Global client is looking for a Design Engineer or Mechanical Engineer, for an initial 6 months contract, who has experience with Electronic Consumer Goods experience.
The role will include:
- Interpreting design drawings for design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Managing improvement projects/changes for manufacturability, cost reduction, complexity reduction, material selection or consumer complaint reduction.
- Reviewing the design of new products based on best design principles
- Ensure that all improvements have been thoroughly tested and robust design verification plans are in place
- Review and perform defective product investigations and establish root cause
- Working with third-party designers to ensure all performance, visual and regulatory specifications are properly described and understood
- Ensuring all specification and regulation requirements are captured for all markets during commercialisation handover and as new markets and continuous development changes are introduced
- Implement and monitor manufacturing KPIs to ensure design and manufacturing capabilities are met and maintained.
- Pro-actively introduce new design developments to maintain capability, yields, cost, specification and regulatory requirements.
- Create reports and learning documents for future design improvements.
- Product Reliability
- Product Manufacturability
- Product Cost
- Performance specification acceptance
- Continuous improvement activities
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Validation of new products
- 3D CAD experience. SolidWorks preferable
- Tolerance Stack analysis
- DFMEA / FMEA analysis
- 8D / DPI analysis
- Route Cause analysis and problem solving
- Capability Analysis Review (CPK/PPK)
- Operational stress and temperature analysis
- Materials choice for manufacturability, operational performance and environmental concerns
- Validation planning through an appropriate model
- Experience with hand-held consumer electronics
- Experience with plastic injection moulding
- Minimum 5yrs industry experience
- Working directly with suppliers / manufacturers onsite and remotely.
Nice to have but not essential
- Experience with Li-ion battery failure modes
- Statistical analysis (6-sigma) and Continuous Improvement planning
- Cost-benefit-analysis (CBA) and Return-on-investment (ROI) justification reporting
- Electronics and battery encapsulation
- KPI definition and dashboard creation