Desktop Engineer with Application Packaging - DV Clearance required
Permanent - Full-time
Package: £Competitive + 3% Flex Fund + 4% matched Pension + Benefits
Bring your Desktop Engineer and Application Packaging expertise to us and in return we'll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T
The day job
Currently looking for a Desktop Engineer with Application Packaging experinece to work on a major secure UK security client site and work - predominantly on Wintel client desktop services - to provide engineering expertise and consultancy for current and future proposed components. This is your chance to get hands on with exciting new defence industry products and services, repackaging from COTS and bespoke source installation media, managing the client and application deployment and escalating incidents to 3rd and 4th line prior to going live.
- Exp of Windows registry and file system.
- Windows 7 onwards and Server 2008 onwards.
- Knowledge and practical experience of application packaging methodologies and toolsets (MSI, App-V, etc).
- Active directory administration (specifically in the area of group policy management).
- Image creation and deployment, e.g. MDT, creation of WIM's, task sequences, etc.
- Windows scripting languages, ideally PowerShell.
- Systems management, using Microsoft SCCM as the deployment infrastructure.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Complex service delivery experience, preferably in a Multi-Vendor environment.
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM/ITIL V3 Reference model.
- Security Clearance
- It is essential that you are eligible to obtain and hold DV Security Clearance to work in this position