£680 - £700 per day
2 months ago
DevOps Engineer - DV
Location - Hampshire
Rate - £700 per day (inside ir35)
Contract - 12 months
Security Clearance Level - DV
Sopra Steria's Aerospace, Defence and Security (ADS) business unit designs, develops and deploys digital solutions that bring clients enduring business value across the UK's public and private sectors. In ADS we foster a culture in which employees feel valued and supported, delivering exceptional rates of customer satisfaction in the UK's most complex safety- and security-critical markets.
The Day Job
The roles are for DevOps Engineers to be part of a design and build team in delivering a new virtual hosted application stack. The applicant will work with Managed Service Lead architects in developing processes, procedures and activities to undertake automated build and testing of deliverables, both unit and behavioural testing through to full integration testing. The applicant will need a strong skill in test automation technologies covering Windows Server, Desktop, VMware, deployment and support tools such as MECM and communication applications Exchange and Skype. The applicant will have experience of DevOps management and the use of VersionOne and working within an Agile delivery framework.
The scope of products for automated testing will cover Windows services; AD-DS, DNS, DHCP, AD-CS PKI, MECM. Backup, and recovery services. Windows desktop both physical and VMware Horizon VDI deployments. Performance monitoring and management tools. Database platform services covering MS SQL and Oracle. Exchange and Skype Unified Communications on premise. The applicant will be familiar with Infrastructure as Code tools and approaches to provide repeatable hands-off delivery of the services. Testing and Development tools will include Azure DevOps, Selenium, WinAppDriver, LoginVSI, Continuum, TeraTest (TerraForm), SonarCube etc.
* Lead the Test Automation team in the design and delivery of automated testing functions and support the Managed Service Lead role in delivery.
* Develop the automated testing capability and manage the workload.
* Operate within an Agile delivery model to scope and target build activities.
* Serve as a DevOps Engineer automating development pipelines and builds within Agile Development Teams
* Skilled in test automation of Microsoft products - Server, Desktop, Exchange, Skype for Business etc.
* Skilled in DevOps approaches
* Skilled in development pipelines development, esp. ADO.
* Skilled in Agile delivery
* Skilled in Windows and VMware technologies
* Skilled in workload simulation and performance testing