£600 - £750 per day
10 months ago
3-6 months +
DevOps Engineer / DevOps Consultant
+ 3 month initial contract
+ £600 to £750 per day
+ Outside IR35
+ Erskine/Glasgow based
+ SC Clearance required
AS a DevOps Engineer you will be taking part in designing, developing, implementing, automating and maintaining a test, SIT, Pre Production and production environment on a secure virtualised and physical infrastructure. You will work with highly skilled and engaged colleagues as this comes to fruition.
* Maintain and configure automation testing tools, including functional test, load test, security test and network emulation tools.
* Provide expertise to the development teams in use of tools and scripting.
* Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
* Managing stakeholders and external interfaces
* Setting up tools and required infrastructure
* Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
* Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
* Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
* Incidence management and root cause analysis
* Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
* Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
* Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
+ Experience working with configuration management, defect tracking, query tools and other software productivity tools.
Trained level of knowledge in the following technologies beneficial:
+ Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
+ Knowledge or experience in DevOps best practices, agile software development (e.g in a Scrum, Agile), automating application and infrastructure builds and operation extremely desirable