£65 - £70 per hour
5 days ago
Digital Test Design Engineer
+ 12 month initial contract
+ £60-70 per hour
+ Hertfordshire based
+ Test SW + HW Development
+ Test Interfaces
The main duty for the successful candidate will be towards the generation of software and validation of ground-based test systems capable of carrying out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech space product business-line.
Experience of designing and testing software packages for testing hardware is essential for this role.
The products we design are used in several of the most advanced telecommunication payloads currently in orbit, and the ability to test these complex systems relies on a wide understanding of both the RF and digital electronics that constitute the designs.
The candidate will be expected to work within engineering teams to capture design information to allow successful software development, test and validate the test system within which it will be deployed and provide support for testing at all stages of assembly of the product(s).
Main elements of the role are -
+ Software design and debug
+ Hardware/software integration and debug
+ Test validation and design proving
+ Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
+ Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
* Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application for hardware
* Strong experience in using test instrumentation interfaces (SCPI, visa/pyvisa, GPIB)
* Very familiar with Agile project methods
* Proven track-record working within a product "design and test" business environment
* Experienced in software/hardware integration and debug
* Experience of working within a product manufacture/test domain
* RF test and measurement experience
* Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)