£50 - £70 per hour
18 days ago
Digital Test Design Engineer
6 months (Inside IR35) - up to £70 per hour Umbrella / £52.35 PAYE
Based in Portsmouth
*SC clearance required*
Join an industry leading aerospace organisation as a Digital Test Design Engineer based in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Your main responsibility will be focused towards the generation of software and validation of ground-based test systems used to carry out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech space product business-line.
You will be expected to work within engineering teams to capture design information to allow successful software development, test and validate the test system within which it will be deployed and provide support for testing at all stages of assembly of the product(s).
- Software design and debug
- Hardware/software integration and debug
- Test validation and design proving
- Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
- Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
- Engineering Degree (Electrical, Software or closely related discipline)
- Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application
- Strong experience in using test instrumentation interfaces (SCPI, visa/pyvisa, GPIB)
- Very familiar with Agile project methods
- Proven track-record working within a product "design and test" business environment
- Experienced in software/hardware integration and debug
- Experience of working within a product manufacture/test domain
- RF test and measurement experience
- Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.