£30000 - £38000 per annum
2 months ago
Up to £38,000 basic salary
Based in Denham
A lead manufacturer within aerospace is looking to expand their Sourcing department by bringing in a Direct Buyer to join their dedicated team based in Denham!
In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing engineering products and raw materials in accordance with company objectives.
You will also work alongside others in production planning, engineering, program management and quality to ensure products are delivered on time and to the required quality and acceptable price.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide the primary point of contact for suppliers and manage allocated supplier relationships to ensure that supply of products services/material is delivered in accordance with contractual terms and the production schedule.
- Review the status of supplier relationships including performance against KPI and proactively identify and manage any risks that may impact on Martin Baker.
- Identify and engage with new suppliers via tendering and RFI and RFQ exercises as required.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and Manufacturing to ensure that product, services and materials are supplied to the technical and quality standards required.
- Responsible for the supplier requisition release report and invoicing status and supplier dashboard data.
- Generation and maintenance of supplier data in SAP - cost, scheduling lead times etc. to support financial and governance process.
- Ensures compliance with export controls e.g. UK, USA and others as appropriate.
- Degree or equivalent, ideally in Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, Business, Purchasing or Accountancy
- Minimum 2 years experience in a sourcing/procurement role i.e. finding and agreeing to terms, acquiring goods, services or works from an external source
- Knowledge of SAP or related MRP/ERP systems
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
Click APPLY NOW to begin your application and a representative from CBSbutler will be in touch should you be suitable for the position.