£20000 - £23000 per annum
about 1 month ago
£25,000 per annum
A specialist manufacturer of medical profiling beds are seeking a Service Technician with previous experience as a field engineer or driver to join their expanding team in the Oxford area.
As the Service Technician aka Driver your role will be split into two; to deliver and remove products between hospitals and the company service centre, and to carry out pre-installation maintenance tasks including functionality testing, electrical safety testing, minor repairs and equipment decontamination. Full technical raining will be provided.
You will work out of the Service Centre in Thame, Oxford each day.
Working hours are 37.5hrs/week Monday to Friday (however working days could be subject to change and so flexibility will be required). You will also be required to take part in an out of hours on call rota every 1 in 4 weeks. This is paid as a £170/week retainer for each week on call plus overtime for any call outs attended.
- Deliver timely and appropriate service to customers
- Keep inventory of products and spare parts
- To ensure completion of product modifications locally
- Commit to compliance with quality processes, both internal and external
- Availability for on-call rotations 24 hours x 7 days
- Deliver and install clean and ready for use products to customers
- Clean, test, and repair products and make ready for use
- Complete & record electrical safety testing carried out on products
- Perform PPM and MOD's as directed and record accurately.
- Provide demonstration and basic training to caregivers
- Order spare parts, single-use goods and management of samples
- Take good care of company tools and test equipment
- To complete daily/ weekly activity reports
- Actively participate in training, ensure that you seek clarity where unsure.
- To update relevant IT systems
- Prior experience as a Driver (in any industry)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Worked in a customer facing position providing excellent service
- Proficient IT skills
- UK driving license
- Able to pass a DBS check
- £23,000 plus £2,000 in guaranteed out hours, on call retainer payments
- Hours - 37.5hrs/week (must be flexible to work weekends if required)
- On call - Retainer of £20/n weeknight, £35/d at weekend (£170/week in total) plus x1.5 paid overtime if called out. On call requirement is 1 in 4 weeks (call outs will be rare).
- Internal rewards and recognition programme.
- Partnered with Reward Gateway - high street discounts, commercial benefits.
- Pension - Auto-enrolment 5% EE / 3 % ERs
- 22 days plus bank, increasing to 25 days after 2 years and 27 days after 5 years.
- Full training on all products.
Click APPLY NOW to being your application. Should you be suitable a CBSbutler representative will be in touch within 5 working days.