Electrical Design Engineer
£35000 - £45000 per annum
10 days ago
Electrical Design Engineer (Nuclear)
Location: Bristol, Reading, Leicester, Plymouth, Southampton, or Warrington
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + annual bonus
Clearance: Willing to undergo SC security clearance (start on bpss)
The Electrical Designer ensures definition of design solution(s) and deliverables to required standards, consistent with whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of Risk Management.
The role generates a wide range of common or complex design situations and problems or detail for assemblies, components or systems. Applies knowledge to develop design solutions to a wide range of common or complex design situations & problems under limited technical supervision.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
- Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required; time, cost and quality requirements
- Promote effective co-operation across Design and other functional teams
- Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update 'as built' /datum pack documentation
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews
- Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries
- Assist in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications
- Assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures
- Fulfil Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for single discipline low risk projects
- Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and post project
Maintain individual knowledge of current best practice in application of designer expertise across the design lifecycle, including customs and standards. Promote a culture of best practice in design expertise and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change
- Maintain awareness of developments within the industry, particularly for techniques & tools, physical integration, bill of material controls & management of design maturity
- Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.) Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
- Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates
- Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams