£200.00 - £300.00 per day
8 months ago
£200-£300 per day
The overall role is responsible to lead the electrical definition, development and delivery of multiple interconnected components, from different internal and external engineering and R&D disciplines to create future Next Generation devices.
- Managing innovation projects for new device technologies transferring across from the Discover Proof of Concept Team and in Proof of Application / Develop.
- Managing improvement projects for manufacturability, cost reduction, complexity reduction, component selection and obsolescence or consumer complaint reduction.
- System Design Specification - work with necessary stakeholders and prepare system requirements specification including hardware and software.
- Assist project manager with project schedule development and milestone definition.
- System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analysis and investigations to create the user stories for the product.
- Lead internal teams and / or external development partners to define the expected system functionality and performance targets.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Single layer PCB design experience
- Electronics test design
- IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 (level 1)
- Component selection in battery powered, consumer electronics
- RF comms design
- Electronics and battery encapsulation.
- Component choice for manufacturability, operational performance and consumer safety
- KPI definition and dashboard creation
- Statistical analysis (6-sigma) and Continuous Improvement planning
- Validation planning through an appropriate model
- Working knowledge of electrical and firmware design methods
- Working knowledge of mass produced product development and debug tools
- Working knowledge of international safety standards for consumer electronics products
- MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, excel, and word
- Fluent in Electrical CAD software use
Click "apply now" to find out more.