Design Engineer (Electro-Mechanical)
Based in Surrey
A leading design and manufacturing Defence company are looking for an Electromechanical Design Engineer to support the Chief Mechanical Engineer. In this role you'll be working on complex Integrated Platform Management Systems for UK MOD Programmes.
Overseeing a small team, the successful candidate will support all the Mechanical Design, Finite Element Analysis, Thermal Analysis and sign off on Designs.
* Provide Mechanical/Electromechanical Design Support
* Look after a small team and support with the design process
* Ensure the standard of design is maintained
* Report progress of work to Project Managers
* Support with Development Estimates to Project Managers
* Assist in the training and development of the team
* Manage the team performance
* Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct at all times
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Proficient in Creo
* Good understanding of the Design Process
* Competent to check and sign off drawings, documents and BOM's.
* Able to write Technical Documentation
* Knowledge of how MOD Programmes are run and level of documentation required
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
If you are interested in this role, please 'APPLY NOW'