£45000 - £50000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Electro Mechanical Engineer
Based in Surrey
A leading design and manufacturing Defence company are looking for an Electro Mechanical Engineer. In this role you'll be working on their complex Integrated Platform Management Systems (IPMS) for the UK MOD Programmes.
Managing a small team, the successful candidate will support all the Mechanical Design, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Thermal Analysis (CFD) and sign off on Designs.
* Provide Mechanical/Electro Mechanical Design Support to UK MOD IPMS Programmes.
* Look after a small team and assist them in the design process.
* Ensure the standard of design is maintained throughout the project duration.
* Report progress being made on allocated work to Project Managers.
* Assist in providing Development Estimates to Project Managers.
* Assist in the training of members of the team to benefit the department.
* Manage the performance and development of all staff who report in (applicable where job holder has line management responsibilities).
* Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Proficient in Creo 3.0 and PDM Link 11.0.
* Working Knowledge of Creo Simulate (FEA) and AutoDesk Simulation (CFD).
* Understands BS8888 and Geometrical Tolerancing.
* Good understanding of the Design Process.
* Competent to check and sign off drawings, documents and BOM's.
* Be able to wrote Technical Documentation to meet Customer requirements.
* Understands Manufacturing processes and techniques.
* Knowledge of how MOD Programmes are run and level of documentation required.
* Understand test methods for Shock, Vibration, Ingress, Environmental (Hot, Cold & Humidity), EMC.
* Degree (BSc) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience, e.g. an approved Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering with extensive experience in a similar role.
If you are interested in this role, please 'APPLY NOW'