£35000 - £40000 per annum
18 days ago
Electronic Systems Test Engineer
Technology; Engineering; Defence; Aerospace; Medical Science
Electrical, Electronic, RF, Electromechanical; EMC; Mechanical; Production
£35,000 - £40,000 + excellent benefits
We are a global leader in specialised components and subsystems for innovative solutions in medical, science, aerospace, defence and industrial applications. Working with us will enable you to develop and gain experience in the ideas that are behind some of the most advanced technologies in the world.
Responsibilities - Electronic Systems Test Engineer
- Understand the technical concepts and practical applications of systems architecture. In particular, sub-system interfacing (including high voltage / high power connectivity), control principles and RF systems and measurement.
- Produce test procedures and verification plans / matrices to compile documented evidence of product compliance. Follow test plans for electrical, mechanical and RF performance criteria to validate components / product.
- Evaluate prototype designs of components (including mechanical elements), sub-assemblies and systems.
- As part of the development team, identify key risks and appropriate mitigation by developing effective networks with other team members and key support functions to drive a prompt resolution to problems.
- Assist in supporting documentation capture so that new product introduction transfers to a production environment seamlessly.
Skills and knowledge required - Electronic System Engineer
- HNC / HND / degree in an engineering related subject or equivalent experience working within a professional engineering development environment
- Good understanding of high power electrical distribution, power electronics, inverters, high voltage techniques, RF systems and control management
- Familiarisation with electrical, electronic and RF measurement techniques and experience in the use of associated equipment for the purposes of testing, evaluating and fault diagnostics
- Ability to work from provided documentation - electrical schematics and mechanical drawings - BoM's - procedures etc
- Writing system test plans, sub system level test plans, FAT & SAT.
- Familiarity with high voltage systems and safe working practices