Brighton, East Sussex
£45000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Senior Electronics Engineer
Location - Brighton, UK
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000pa
A global aerospace and defense technology organisation, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs is seeking an Electronics Engineers to join our Brighton based Engineering team in new roles to be responsible for the entire electronics lifecycle from problem definition, design, development, debug and manufacture.
You will work closely with the Production and Design teams to generate conceptual solutions and designs, to produce detailed CAD design layouts and manufacturing drawings in an electro/mechanical design environment.
Responsibilities - Senior Electronics Engineer
- To develop electronic concepts based on abstract schemes and/or customer specifications whilst considering the interaction with system and other design requirements.
- Analyse electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Develop block diagrams and interface control documentation.
- Conduct experimental tests & evaluate results.
- Select suitable components & equipment based on analysis of specifications & reliability requirements.
- Participate in and conduct design reviews on behalf of the company and present technical briefings as required.
- Ability to assess vendor capability to support development.
- Liaise with manufacturers and production engineering department.
Experience & Skills - Senior Electronics Engineer
- Electronic design experience with a relevant degree qualification
- Ability to generate schematics to meet design requirements from first principles
- Experience in all aspects of PCB design/layout
- Proven knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of implementation of motors, solenoids and their control systems.
- Understanding and appreciation of both digital and analogue electronic disciplines.
- Understanding of material properties and selection criteria for application.
- Manufacturing methods suitable for the design intent.
Click "Apply Now" to find out more!