£25000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent
over 2 years ago
Would you like to work for a company that covers a range of industries for example the Aerospace, Defence, Electronics & Consumer, Machinery, Marine, Medical, Rail and Telecommunications sectors?
Working as part of the SAR test team, and will contribute to the provision of a Wireless testing service, specifically performing RF (Radio Frequency) testing on a large variety of Wireless technologies, such as WLAN 802.11, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Cellular (GSM / W-CDMA / LTE), VHF, etc.
This role will require the successful candidate to contribute to a rotating shift pattern to cover the demand for 24/7 testing. This will include day shifts and night shifts and these may fall on weekends.
The opportunity offers a modern working environment with a subsidised on-site Restaurant and Gym and support in finding local accommodation if required. The site is close to bus routes, Junction 9 of the M27 and Swanwick railway station.
* Being part of a team delivering SAR test services as part of a 24-hour, 4 day on, 4 day off, rotating shift pattern (09:45 to 22:15 / 21:45 to 10:15), in accordance with harmonised test standards (the most common being ETSI and FCC), or customer specific test plans, within the RF test facilities at Octagon House.
* Control and monitor the test equipment calibration status during testing.
* Working with customers during attended testing.
* Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the agreed timescales.
* Accurate recording of results following company quality procedures and providing clear, concise communication at end of shifts.
* NVQ level 3 in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
* Willingness to work as part of a team on 24 hour / 4 day shifts performing SAR testing using automated test scripts.
* An interest in working in a test environment.
* Have a basic knowledge, and a willingness to learn about RF technologies, in particular Bluetooth and WLAN.
* Motivated and enthusiastic.
* Good understanding of IT systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to deliver work independently or as a team to defined deadlines.
* Conscientious with good interpersonal and customer skills and commercial awareness.
* Proven ability of documenting results accurately.