Up to £30000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A leading technical engineering consultancy are now looking for an Electronics Technician to join their growing team of wireless test engineers. You will contribute to the provision of a Wireless testing service, specifically performing RF (Radio Frequency) testing on a large variety of Wireless technologies. The role will also include helping to improve and reduce waste in the testing processes, requiring the initiation of efficiency improvements and involvement in continuous improvement projects.
This role will require the successful candidate to contribute to a rotating shift pattern to cover the demand for 24/7 testing. This will include 12-hour day and night shifts including weekends.
Within this role you will:
- Being part of a team delivering test services as part of a 24-hour, 7 day shift pattern, undertaking RF test in accordance with harmonised test standards (the most common being ETSI and FCC), or customer specific test plans, within the RF test facilities at Octagon House.
- Control and monitor the test equipment calibration status during testing.
- Working with customers during attended testing.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the agreed timescales.
- Accurate recording of results following company quality procedures and providing clear, concise communication at end of shifts.
- NVQ level 3 in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Willingness to work as part of a team on 24 hour / 7 day shifts performing radiated RF testing using automated test scripts.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to deliver work independently or as a team to defined deadlines.
- Conscientious with good interpersonal and customer skills and commercial awareness.
Experience using general RF test equipment.