Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£37500 - £50000 per annum + Corporate Package
over 1 year ago
Embedded Software Engineer - Real Time - C
Stoke on Trent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Embedded Software Engineers to join an ever growing development team working on exciting and next generation software for their expanding and industry leading product range. You will be tasked with embarking on a large scale software engineering projects working on core technology for data acquistions.
We are keen to hear from all round engineers with a hands-on hardware approach, working on bare metal software development within real-time data processing systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Development of next generation cargo software.
- Design, code and debug low-level real-time applications, primarily using "C";
- Research and development of software solutions, including using an embedded operating-system
- Widespread exposure to board level hardware including hands-on bring up, test and diagnostics.
- Some level of hardware design depending upon experience and circumstance.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of bare metal software development with various development environments;
o (e.g.) Atmel: AVR Studio, Texas Instrument: Code Composer Studio
- Experience creating PC-based engineering applications;
o (e.g.) Microsoft Visual Studio (C, C++ C#), scripting languages such as TCL/TK.
- History of board-level hardware design (analog and/or digital) and associated bring up.
- Experienced working in an Agile environment
This is a great opportunity to join a global client that continue to grow due to high demand for their software products.