Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£23000 - £28000 per annum + Bonus, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance
11 months ago
End-User Computing Engineer
Permanent, full-time, days
Partly remote (3/2)
Salary up to 28, 000 p/a + benefits (i.e. private healthcare, annual bonus, life assurance
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision and maintenance of end-user computing e.g. PCs, laptops, scanners, printers, mobile devices, and any other peripherals used by colleagues. This includes providing the required hardware/software and ongoing support to all devices.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carrying out the hardware procurement process, set up and installation into the required location.
- Working with the customer to ensure that the products delivered are optimised and standardised.
- Producing the original installation documentation.
- Integrating end user devices into existing solutions.
- Creating, maintaining, standardising and optimising the build.
- Providing, on-time, the required end user hardware (e.g. PCs, laptops, etc.), delivered to desk which is fully configured e.g. licensing, profiles, user accounts, etc.
- Documenting all end user components and their configuration for support purposes.
- Provision of a VIP service for directors (and Heads of as required).
- Providing LANs and local infrastructure, under the supervision of the Networks team.
- Supporting the End-User Computing Manager in managing suppliers to ensure the service provided meets the SLAs put in place.
- Providing an efficient installations, moves and changes service on all devices.
- Coordinating with the Retail Implementation team to ensure new stores have the appropriate end user devices.
Key Competencies and Knowledge
- Applies tools, techniques and processes for administering information (such as the tracking and logging of components and changes) related to configuration items.
- Documents changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
- Receives and handles requests for support following agreed procedures.
- Responds to common requests for support by providing information to enable resolution.
- Maintains records and advises stakeholders of actions taken.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature.
- Contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution.
- Assists in the provision of customer service, including technical advice and guidance on matters relating to the successful use of products and services.
- Assists in devising solutions to customer requirements and solves straightforward problems.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in IT or relevant experience e.g. IT and/or customer services function.
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks, etc.).
- A vocational qualification such as CompTIA (preferable).
- Knowledge of Windows products e.g. Exchange and operating systems.
- Knowledge of an ITIL based environment.
Click APPLY to start the process!