Endpoint Security Engineer
12 month contract - Gloucester
Strong subject matter knowledge in specific relation to Endpoint Security including, for example, Encryption techniques, Event monitoring, Anti-Malware & Endpoint protection tooling.
- Demonstrable subject matter knowledge in at least one of the core Endpoint Security services in use on the environment, i.e. Encryption techniques, Event monitoring, Anti-Malware & Endpoint protection tooling.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of current Microsoft Window Server and Desktop and Server Operating systems, including but not limited to Window Server 2012 R2 and 2016, Window 7 64bit and Windows 10
- The ability to provide input into the component design process
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- A willingness to learn new skills as required
- Strong customer service skills, focused upon meeting customer needs.
- Complex service delivery experience, preferably in a Multi-Vendor environment.
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM/ITIL V3 Reference model.
- Must possess an understanding of User Management in Microsoft Windows environments
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) / AD Federation services (ADFS) and AD group policies
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V and associated technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployment and management
- Experience of Microsoft SCCM; including building and deploying SCCM packages
- An understanding of Enterprise Endpoint Security products such as AV, Application & Device locking
- A working knowledge of Network security products such as McAfee Web Gateway, firewall appliances, Denial of Service (DoS) products & procedures, Network Intrusion Prevention Systems (NIPS) and Network Intrusion Detection (NID)