A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to lead the Engineering function globally. Reporting to the General Manager & based at their manufacturing facilities in Gloucester, you will provide innovative solutions and products at the lowest possible costs in order to meet customer requirements. You will also act as Design Authority on behalf of the Company.
Within this role you will:
- Be an integral part of the senior leadership team and contribute to strategic planning and tactical implementation of the business to maximise value creation
- Be responsible for delivering Design and Development programs to specification and to agreed schedules.
- Manage an Engineering Team who are responsible for developing complex technical solutions in tight timeframes in a secure environment - focus on staff personal development and self improvement to be able to deliver the full expectations of the role and to progress career in line with personal aspirations and business needs.
- To support Production and Product Management in delivering product / solutions to agreed timeframes
- To be able to communicate with all relevant Stakeholders showing an in depth understanding of issues, deliverables and issue resolutions
- Maintain, deliver and develop key performance indicators and metrics for the Engineering Department
Ideally you will have:
- Engineering Degree with proven Electronic / Mechanical Engineering expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading an Engineering Team
- Experience/Understanding of designing with attention to EMC and TEMPEST considerations
- Commercially aware with good negotiating skills
- Computer literate, with MS Office skills including Excel
- Commercial knowledge of dealing with Customers / Suppliers
- Ability to dissect information and be able to iterate to non-subject
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, ideally specialising in RF&M design techniques.
- 5 years or more hands on design experience within an R&D department.
- Worked with development engineering and manufacturing groups to transition product into production.
- Knowledge and experience in using main RF design tools. (e.g. AWR, ADS, HFSS .. )
- Knowledge and experience in using RF test equipment (e.g. Network Analysers, Spectrum Analysers).
- Will be eligible to obtain UK Secret Security Clearance / UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Previous experience within the UK Aerospace and Defence Industry an advantage.