Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £75000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A global leading engineering organisation operating within the defence / electronics industry now have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to provide leadership and direction to the engineering development team in the Milton Keynes facility. Reporting to the SVP / MD, you will deliver the agreed engineering milestones established in the current Annual Operating Plan and considering the 3 Year Strategy Plan road map.
Within this role you will:
- Manage both internal and customer funded Research & Development programmes, within the budgets set, through the use of programme planning, regular reviews of total cost and time to completion, risk identification and mitigation, identification of capital equipment and the forecasting of projected programme spend.
- Ensure adherence to established design and manufacturing procedures and process. As necessary develop and introduce new processes and or modify those that exist to ensure primary business objectives are achieved.
- Develop and maintain design methodologies that ensure the "seamless" transition of new products from design to "ready for manufacture". Working with the production engineering group and operations team to deliver the common goal.
- Manage the day to day running of the Engineering department to meet its obligations and set clear objectives for each of the team through regular personal development reviews.
- With an intimate knowledge of critical RF , power/control and DSP challenges lead by example in route cause analysis corrective actions and establishing counter measures as required.
- Enhance the technical knowledge and expertise of the business through partnership working with third party industry experts and universities and by engagement with technical seminars and other forums of learning.
- Drive technology and new product development through well defined and managed IR&D programs linked to new business opportunities that will stimulate growth.
- Ensure compliance with contracted requirements through early involvement in the Request for Quotation (RFQ) process, programme reviews and regular customer contact.
- Work with the Business Development and Field Sales teams to identify and win new opportunities.
Ideally you will have:
- Holding an Engineering degree with specific RF and Power expertise
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant applied experience. To be in an RF role managing an engineering team Programme management skills
- System engineering experience with knowledge of Digital Signal processing
- Computer literate, with MS Office skills
- Senior level experience with commercial knowledge of dealing with Customers and Suppliers