£40000 - £50000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Based in Bedfordshire
£40,000 - £50,000
An innovative global aerospace company are looking for the Engineering/Maintenance Engineer to ensure they deliver maintenance programs efficiently by complying with statutory requirements.
The company - Engineering / Maintenance Manager - Bedfordshire
My client is a top aerospace research and development company that has been going on for over 50 years. Their renowned success has given them very high reputation and allowed them to work with the best aerospace and defence manufactures around the world.
The role - Engineering / Maintenance Manager - Bedfordshire
My client is in need of an Engineering / Maintenance Manager to maintain my client's large capital equipment this includes high Voltage equipment. You will be working to the clients testing portfolio, this role needs great leadership skills and people management skills to ensure that you can meet the deadlines being set and also to influence other team members with your current expertise.
- To ensure the availability of my clients large capital equipment and associated plant and facilities to deliver to my clients commercial project portfolio.
- To be responsible for the safe and efficient management of the Infrastructure operations resources.
- To deliver a published Planned Preventative Maintenance programme defined by the Chief Engineer and monitor improvements using Infrastructure Performance Management metrics.
- To share fault reporting data and responses within agreed times and standards (unplanned maintenance).
- To support Design and Manufacture Workshop machine maintenance and associated power supplies, as required
- To deliver longer-term Infrastructure investment programmes for capability improvements.
- To ensure the cost centres are managed within agreed annual budget.
- To lead and manage the appraisal system and objective setting for the team members.
- To ensure the skills and capability of the team meets the current and future needs of the business including compliance with statutory SHE training requirements.
- To manage the team's apprenticeship programme and ensure supervision and coaching of trainees.
- To ensure the effective sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/ service providers for supporting Infrastructure delivery requirements in conjunction with the Procurement Manager.
- To communicate and co-ordinate regularly with Experimental Aerodynamics, other operational teams and stakeholders. Formal route is via Plant meetings to agree tactical delivery priorities and Sales and Operational Planning meetings to agree medium-term delivery issues.
Qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of HND (or equivalent) in a technical/engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a technical project-based and/or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering procedures, tools and staff skills required in order to assign appropriately-skilled resources to meet project requirements.
- Excellent computer skills (MS-office and IT-based maintenance packages).
If this role suits your skill set and looking for new opportunity with renowned successful company then please click 'APPLY NOW'