CDI - 1173196_1634920912
Up to £75000 per annum + car allowance
11 months ago
Job Title: Enterprise Data Architect
Location: Gosport (2 days a week) 3 days a week remote
Salary: £75,000 + car allowance
This role will require you to go through security clearance: level SC
As our Enterprise Data Architect, you will own enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models; creating data models that conform to existing and future standards and conventions and the creation and maintenance of data dictionaries, entity / business function and data / application matrices.
- Act as a bridge between the Data Architecture & Data Community, the Enterprise and Solution Architects.
- Define the Enterprise data reference model and coordinate with internal SMEs and subcontractors to ensure alignment to and contribute components of the enterprise data reference model.
- Lead data internal, customer and supplier architects and data engineers to architect and deliver the solutions that fulfil the Business information needs and follow the business information vision and strategy.
- Take an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces and pathways of data which deliver the necessary information, leveraging all available IT assets.
- Significant experience of enterprise data architecture within information technology programs and services, with demonstrated expertise in enterprise data management and related technologies.
- Practised in developing Enterprise data architecture within government departments
- Familiar with cloud-based technologies for provision of large scale, secure bulk data holdings
- Cloud-based architecture migration and the realisation of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web and data services, enterprise data management
- Expert in Agile development methodology and concepts, information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies
- Good understanding of Oracle and Microsoft databases, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Cloud, Exadata, MariaDB, DB2, MySQL, SQL Data Warehouse Appliance
- Experience of building and running a high-performance distributed data architecture team
- Experience of at least two enterprise architecture and data modelling tools e.g. ERWIN, Qualiware, Bizzdesign, Sparx
- Ideally you will be certified in at least two of the following: TOGAF, CDMP, Six Sigma, COBIT, Safe or Scrum
- Expert in database platforms, ETL tools, MDM, query languages, operational data management and model management tools
Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse. As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector. The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.