£45000 - £52000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Environmental Test Lead
Based in Middlesex
A well-established Aerospace company continues to secure orders for their world-leading product. To meet these orders, their R&D department are at full stretch in producing innovative working prototypes, which are required to be assessed through an exhaustive environmental performance assessment. To undertake these assessments, an experienced Environmental Test Lead is needed.
- To lead a team of up to three Environmental Test Engineers providing them with immediate support and direct oversight of the work that they perform in the department.
- To promote efficient and timely completion of work by the team along with being involved in the development of the individual members.
- To produce and review documentation employed to underwrite product compliance with customer requirements.
- To support the process of Environmental development and qualification of MBA product.
- Mentoring / coaching a small team of test Engineers in order to support their personal development within the department. This will include contributing to their own teams' annual appraisal.
- Provide first line support for technical enquiries raised by members of the immediate team and to support the reviewing process of documentation produced by the team.
- To support the management of the PMS system for their team ensuring correct maintenance of work packages and achievement of established milestones.
- To provide support to the engineering function within Martin Baker Aircraft by representing the departments' technical position at programme and design reviews held with both internal and external customers.
- Develop Test Programme Plans and qualification strategies in order to satisfy programme and customer requirements
- Preparation of Test Procedure, reports and schedules to include test facility selection and oversight, test design and fixture development
- Test oversight and management
- Evaluation of test data to establish correctness through reduction analysis and interpretation of instrumentation data and develop simple analysis tools.
- Extensive experience in conducting successful environmental tests, and producing reports and technical data.
- Experience in testing and evaluation of electronic or electro-mechanical components/systems.
- Familiarity of Military and civilian test standards including MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 & Defence Standard 00-970.
- Highly developed communication skills: able to communicate verbally, in presentation format and in writing at senior level able to develop links with other technical specialists within the business.
- People management skills to aid the development and oversight of junior staff within their test engineer group.
- Thorough grounding in Health and Safety relating to test environment.
- In depth knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation. Knowledge of signal processing and analysis
- Knowledge of Vibration and Climatic test techniques and systems.
- 1 / 1st degree qualified or equivalent gained through work experience - mechanical / aeronautics / electronics engineering.